|Gypsy Houses (Lori Allen 2017) -Painted at 2 Gypsies Quaint Goods and Reading Room|
Wednesday, June 21, 2017
I'm Not Weighing Myself Anymore - Day 3 - Two Gypsies Quaint Goods and Reading Room
June 21, 2017
A near perfect day:
Plattsmouth; painting; reminisce;
Jack Daniels; goodnight.
Daily goals report:
· Weigh in – didn’t (was tempted, I love weighing on scales at other people’s homes)
· Meditate – check
· Walk – Did my PT exercises for my knee, that’s about all.
· Eat – Little lunch from Herban Coffee Lab, crackers, cheese, and Jack for dinner
Other goals report:
· All the laughter today certainly must count as song
· Painted a new watercolor (see above) at Cheryll’s store
· Wrote the Haiku at the top of this page, right?
· Writing this now
· Happy Birthday to Benazir Bhutto. She was only three years older than I, she was prime minister, first woman prime minister, of a Muslim country. Sadly assassinated at age 54. She lit a light, hopefully we can all do that. Makes a day of painting feel insignificant.
Not much else to say, except, life is good. Well, as good as it can be in such uncertain and challenging times. If happiness and meaning were dependent solely on what we can accomplish on our own, we’d still be living in caves. Thank goodness for small groups of people who are parts of other small groups of people who are parts of other small groups of people . . . thank goodness those groups overlap in all the right places and times . . . like science, and sociality, and curiosity, and strategy; and dreaming; and holding tight through the difficult times. Thank goodness. Just thank goodness.