I'm sorry. Is there
anything I can do to
make this up to you?
Poor me, oh, poor me.
- The apology is offered in private, not in the national and world media
- The apology is given directly from you to your victim(s). You do not have your lawyer, friend, agent, or journalist friend deliver it.
- Do not just show up at your victim's door to apologize. Send them a letter or text telling them of your intent to apologize. If they direct your to an attorney or advocate, do what they ask.
- After you give the apology, you step back and wait quietly for your victim (or the victim's lawyer or advocate) to get back with you.
- Your victim may never get back to you. You have nothing to say to anyone about that.
- This is your victim's story, not yours.
- These are first steps in giving back the power and dignity you took, and held, from your victim. It feels shitty, doesn't it, to not be in control of the situation. Yeah, your victim knows how shitty if feels.