Saturday, February 19, 2011

And It's About You, Too.

I'll admit, sometimes I forget to look at the whole picture.  This is also about you, too.  Perhaps more about you than anything else.  And as an eight, you, Mr. Magnanimity, and Mr. Self-sufficient - you do not want us to act like this is so much about you.  You are always about looking for the best way to meet the needs of all, even if sometimes you insist that we all see things your way.  But that's okay - you really are looking out for all of us.  So, what stresses you?  What is hard for you?  That old number five - can be such a stressor.  Over thinking all the ways you might be useless or helpless.  Luckily, you recognize when you do that and you also know how to detach yourself from those thoughts, from the outcome.  It's not easy, but you can do it when you must.  And how have you grown?  You are the world's best helper and offerer of unconditional love.  How lucky are those ladies in your life to have access to that?  And when we all offer you a little flattery about how your helping fixed our problems, we see that you may be altruistic to a bit of a fault.

So, even though I may not always be saying or showing you this - it is because of you that I care so much about the others.  I have the same questions for you that I have for her - how can I help? Do you want to talk about it?  One thing I do know, you have always been so strong and able - figuring out how to do what you needed to do as I watched in awe.  I hope I've learned to let you tell me what you need from me.  I know I used to tell you what I thought you needed from, well, the world.  But you proved me wrong, I got a but wiser from the lessons.  And I have always known that this was about you, too.   It has always been about you, too.

No comments: