Friday, January 19, 2018

Facebook

Facebook
I am too weary tonight to reach out
I can barely scroll through all the posts
I have nothing profound to say
And life is too heavy to report.

As I do scroll through you all's posts,
- liking, loving, laughing, being surprised, 
or getting pissed off -
I see my old posts mingled amongst them.

Twenty reactions
Three loves
Eleven comments

Aww, you all care about me.

Here, I'm just going to post this
right here.
I could use some love tonight.


Seriously.  Sometimes it's nice to just know we're thinking about each other.  Facebook is far from perfect, but it is contact, social integration.  It will keep us alive longer.  And, it allows us to "have people over" without having to clean or bake a coffee cake.  

Get up and walk, go outside, do some yoga, some stretches. Make art.  Cook yourself some yummy, healthy meal.  Call your family.  Then get back on FB and "like" or "love" my posts.  Thanks friend.













No comments: